Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day of Appts.

I saw the oral surgeon today for my 3 month post op check up. I was happy I was going because 2 days ago 1 one of my lymph nodes got really swollen and the right side of my bottom jaws hurts a lot. He said everything was fine and if the pain persist to see my primary dr. since they didn't do any work to the bottom jaw. He really brushed it off. I made an appt in the afternoon to see my primary dr. and at 8:30pm I was in having a full face/neck CT with contrast. Of course getting an IV in was a whole other story. I won't know the results till tomorrow but the dr. was concerned with the amount of tenderness with both the bottom jaw and the lymph node. I'll update as soon as I know more. Right now I'm just tired and frustrated!

3 comments:

amycq said...

I hope everything turns out alright. But I'm glad you didn't brush it off and called your primary doctor right away.

Well, take care and let us know how things are going.

Lauren said...

Hi Amy -

The CT came back negative and I'll get the results of the strep test tomorrow. Basically I did find a canker sore way down on the gum line and the dr. thinks that it could be inflamed and draining to that lymph node. However, she said to watch it for a month and if it doesn't go down to let them know. The good news is that the CT looked perfect!

amycq said...

That's great news!

I get canker sores alot before I even had braces! I hate them!! The Peroxyl mouthwash is supposed to help with mouth irritations like canker sores. It's alcohol free and safe to use on our poor beaten up mouths. Maybe that will help it get better faster?