Thursday, February 21, 2008

Major Surgery...AGAIN :-(

On Valentine's Day I saw my original surgeon again. I had a CT Scan done and come to find out my right sinus was 3/4 full. My left was almost completely empty. Due to all of the infections there is only one way out of this...SURGERY! I'm scheduled for this coming Tuesday, 2/26. They are going back in through a previous incision inside my mouth and will chip away a small piece of the jaw bone to expose the right sinus. They will remove the plates and screws on the right side and then drain the right sinus and completely clean it out. After that they will leave a temporary drain in my nose for 7 days which after will be removed to heal up by itself. Hopefully when they go into the sinus the infection is not in the bone and I will be able to come home the same day or next day and not have to stay for IV antibiotic treatment only time will tell. I'll try to post to the blog as soon as I can.

No comments: